Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Chat

Welcome
Welcome to the Vee-Hive forum

You are invited to register here

Post subject: Thanks for 1.8.9
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:44 am 
Larva

Have thanks: 0 time
I recently added several hundred new videos to my library and created quite a few new tags. I noticed after I did this that launching was suddenly very slow. It would say something like "Parsing database structure" for almost a minute.

I though maybe I had just reached some type of limit for caching images or category tags (or something else) and was living with it.

I upgraded to 1.8.9 today and now it is back to launching instantly. So either you "fixed" something or the "patches" applied to the DB file during the upgrade cleaned up my DB.

Either way, the new version fixed this. Thanks for continuing to improve Vee-Hive.

FYI: I also prefer the new orange box instead of the pulsating circle.

For those of you that have not bought the Pro Version, I urge you to think about it. I think it is a small price to pay to help support this unique software. Just my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Thanks for 1.8.9
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:28 pm 
Vee-Hive Author and King Bee!

Have thanks: 6 time
Thanks for the kind words, Gerlin :) A rose among the thorn of recent failings on Win 8.1! Incidentally, I don't suppose you could put a cherry on the cake and tell me that that is the OS you are running on!

I don't know why you found the Library load times to be slow on 1.8.8, btw. There is no reason I can think of for this (and certainly no limits on anything; tags, files, images, etc.). But, regardless, the SQLite layer has indeed been updated in 1.8.9 and should be all-round faster and better...

Thanks again. :)

Board index » Vee-Hive » Feedback